Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Painting Albany's Diners

People ask me why I paint diners and other remnants of roadside America. It's a question I've never had to ask myself. I want to preserve diners and the best way to express my passion is to paint them.



My hometown of Albany, New York is lucky to have two vintage diners which are still in operation.

A chrome clad beauty, Jack's Diner was built by the Comac Company in 1949. Located in Albany, New York, it's a favorite breakfast haunt and landmark within walking distance of my house.

Built by the Silk City Company in 1941, the well-preserved Miss Albany was featured in the movie "Ironweed" with Meryl Streep and Jack Nicholson.



The paintings of Miss Albany and Jack's are available as limited edition prints in my Esty Shop.

7 comments:

  1. What a great looking blog you've built here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are awesome. I love old diners too.
    Wish I was in an area where I could actually find some!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog - what an amazing start!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! Your work is awesome! Nice to see someone sort of local to me! Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your diner paintings! They really have taken me down memory lane!

    Off to check your Etsy shop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW YOur prints are awesome! I love the Miss Albany Diner! My husband is from the ALbany - we visit his parents there every summer! Nice memories! So glad I found your shop and blog.
    Claire
    bluewhitewear@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for this information. I have to let you know I concur on several of the points you make here and others may require some further review, but I can see your viewpoint. Toronto exterior painting company

    ReplyDelete